Wednesday, December 24, 2008

New Myspace blog post!!!

"Its not THAT much snow!"

Dear Everyone,

As I write this to you I am watching EVEN more snow fall here in Vancouver. Its been snowing for over a week!!! Some might have you believe that it is like this during winter here but it is in fact very uncommon for us to have so much snow. Usually it is gone the day it falls as we are at Ocean Level and our temperatures don't typically stay cold enough to sustain snow. As you can imagine people are losing their minds. No one has snow tires here and it seems we don't have very many snow removal vehicles because my street still has not been cleared. My friend Jeremy wouldn't even drive down my street to pick me up last night out of fear he would never get out. I had to run through knee deep snow to him. Jerk!

I'm feeling only slightly anxious about the snow as I grew up in Calgary and so for me to see snow around Christmas is a delight! I hope where ever you all are that you have the weather of your Christmas fantasies and are safe and sound and happy!

Sara and I and the band and crew leave for Australia on Saturday. As always I feel a little nervous about hurtling myself across the world for 15 + hours but I know once I am in the hot Australian sun I will be happy to be there. Touring Australia is one of the most fun things our band has ever done. I am reading Bill Brysons Book "Down Under in a Sunburned Country". SO FUNNY! If you have not read any Bill Bryson you should! He is so funny and his books are all about travelling. Great plane reads!

While you are home this Christmas go check out: www.myspace.com/ryanrussell, www.myspace.com/lindseybyrnesphotography and www.myspace.comeestoreydesign.com!

These links are two of our favourite photographers (who just happen to be working on a 3 part series of books to be released this spring about Tegan and Sara!!!) and to Emy (our favourite artist/deisigner) who has the incredible task of laying out these books this holidays season. ((She also has a sale on her merchandise items so go check her out!!!!))

Also! Sara and I just sent 40 songs to Chris Walla and are making plans to record our new record this spring! We can't wait for you to hear what we've been up to! Sara and I went down to write songs together in New Orleans and it went REALLY well! My drumming is getting almost tolerable. At least to me and Sara. Ha. You'll get to read and look at photos about it when the books come out this spring!

This has been a wonderful year as always and we want to thank all of you for your continued support and love! Everyone says it but we really mean it. We love you guys and we really do depend on your support and so heres to another year!

Love Tegan (and Sara)


--------------------------------------
Link:
http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendID=2096711&blogID=458756357

No comments: